Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Swimming!

Sydney got two inflatable pools for Easter from her two sets of grandparents...they all knew exactly what Sydney needed! :)  We tried Sydney in the pool a few weekends ago and she wasn't really having it.  I think she was a bit overwhelmed; she had only had her casts off a few days and hadn't been in water in over a month, so I think she just needed to be reintroduced to water.  Anyway, the first attempt was short lived, but I enjoyed just getting to put her in a bathing suit!

Cute bathing suit!

"Look, it's my hands!!!!"

"I don't think I like this very much."

"My paci is helping a little bit."

We retried the pool yesterday evening.  It has been so hot outside and there doesn't seem to be relief in sight so I feel like relaxing in the pool will be great for Sydney.  I suppose all she needed was time because she sat right down and splashed away.  She wasn't even interested in any toys, she really just wanted to interact with the water.  I think we may have a water baby on our hands after all!  This weekend we are taking Sydney to the beach for the first time and I can't wait!  Hopefully she will find as much enjoyment by the sea as her dad and I do.

Splash!

What???

"Excuse me, enough with the pictures, I'm playing here."

So sweet!

Drying off

No comments:

Post a Comment